Activities at the Fernery Lodge and Surrounds
Whether you're an energetic morning jogger, bird watcher, mountain biker or simply want to lounge around the pool there is something for everyone at the Fernery.
Activities on the Estate
1 x swimming pools, 2 x jacuzzis, 2 x saunas.
- Walking and jogging
- Birding - our bird list for farm sightings now numbers over 165 birds. (A birding page of the more common species can be collected at reception)
- Mountain bikes are available for rental and there are a number of cycling routes through the plantations.
- Fishing - fishing rods and lures can be rented from the reservation office.
- Rowing boats on the dam.
Activities in the area
The Dolphin Trail - www.dolphintrail.co.za
- Fynbos cheese farm lunches
- Zipline (Tsitsikamma Falls Adventures)
- Treetop Canopy Tour (Storms River Adventures)
- Back, neck and shoulder/ hot stone massage (Storms River)
- Kayaking & Lilo on ocean and river gorge (Untouched Adventures)
- Bungee jumping (Bloukrans Bridge)
- Tsitsikamma Segway Tours (Storms River Village)
- Elephant Sanctuary (The Crags, near Plettenberg Bay)
- Tenikwa Wild Cat and Wild Life sanctuary (The Crags)
- Birds of Eden (The Crags,)
Monkeyland (The Crags)
- Plettenberg Game Reserve game viewing - Landrover or horse back (Plettenberg Bay)